Discussions
Planting Seeds of Wisdom Part 2: Can Schools Teach Wisdom?
By Brenda Huskey Some say that wisdom cannot be taught, and that wisdom may be gained only through a life-time of learning through real-world experience. Yet if wisdom can be learned , it can be taught . But how? (Sternberg, 2001; Reznitskaya & Sternberg

• COMMENTS
  • Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:00 PM

Brenda Huskey

By Brenda Huskey Some say that wisdom cannot be taught, and that wisdom may be gained only through a life-time of learning through real-world experience. Yet if wisdom can be learned , it can be taught . But how? (Sternberg, 2001; Reznitskaya & Sternberg
  • Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:34 AM

Ron Krumpos

I especially like the goals of the Illinois SEL curriculum standard: 1 - Develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve school and life success. 2 - Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships
  • Wed, Dec 10 2014 4:07 PM

Michael Prolman

I taught my wisdom course at LifeWisdom.com to middle school students several times. The course focuses on making wise decisions using a combination of logic and math, experience (as encapsulated in proverbs, quotations and concepts) and intuition. I
  • Sun, Dec 14 2014 5:56 PM

Paul Loranger

I just completed an ebook and manual, Can schools teach wisdom in what students learn on their own? Teaching beyond the test ( www.teacherzones.com ). I will be giving a talk on it at the International Conference on Quality Management in Education in