Discussions
Wisdom: addition through subtraction?
I just came back from our first conference of “wisdom scholars” in Chicago, and was fascinated by the topics that the wisdom grant winners are investigating. I thought I would try to blog about a topic that allowed me to mention several of them. Wisdom

• COMMENTS
  • Wed, Jul 1 2009 3:52 PM

Joy Wattawa

I just came back from our first conference of “wisdom scholars” in Chicago, and was fascinated by the topics that the wisdom grant winners are investigating. I thought I would try to blog about a topic that allowed me to mention several of them. Wisdom
  • Wed, Aug 5 2009 9:18 AM

Louise Hawkley

I resonate with Jeff Green's observation that less may be more, and that "subtraction" may be as important as "addition" in acquiring wisdom. This principle applies in many domains, including the neural activity in the brain that
  • Tue, Jul 27 2010 3:06 AM

Ravi Arapurakal

Yes. Wisdom requires a conceptual framework upon which previously separate or disparate concepts can be related. We all start out with the fragmented and unorganized conceptual mess uploaded into us during our upbringing. Advancing from this toward wisdom