Discussions
Can being in nature foster wisdom?
Community Contribution by Sally Perkins The complexities of wisdom may lead some to argue that wisdom cannot be taught . While knowledge can be acquired from books by anyone who is willing to do the reading, wisdom appears to be a much broader and vague

• COMMENTS
  • Thu, Nov 16 2017 5:19 PM

Jean Matelski Boulware

Community Contribution by Sally Perkins The complexities of wisdom may lead some to argue that wisdom cannot be taught . While knowledge can be acquired from books by anyone who is willing to do the reading, wisdom appears to be a much broader and vague
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 11:19 AM

Thomas Oord

Thanks for your beautiful essay! I'm a backpacker, photographer, and theologian (by trade). My time in the wilderness has convinced me that being outdoors can foster wisdom. I started spending time outdoors hiking as a way to get away from the flurry
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 11:30 AM

Jean Matelski Boulware

Thank you Thomas! We are glad you enjoyed the essay!
  • Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:05 PM

Ron Krumpos

To say that we humans are superior to birds, trees, rivers, or mountains is not to be aware of the divine essence in Nature which always surround us. It inspires us to look beyond ourselves, which is one hallmark of wisdom. I have experienced the spiritual
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org