Discussions
Clinical wisdom in professional practice
by Cynthia Baum-Baicker, Ph.D. There's an old joke in psychotherapy circles that goes like this: Nestled in the comfort of his therapist's office, a patient reveals that his tension and pain have grown to such a degree that he feels like jumping

• COMMENTS
  • Thu, Aug 30 2018 11:35 AM

Jean Matelski Boulware

by Cynthia Baum-Baicker, Ph.D. There's an old joke in psychotherapy circles that goes like this: Nestled in the comfort of his therapist's office, a patient reveals that his tension and pain have grown to such a degree that he feels like jumping
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 4:07 PM

Ron Krumpos

Carol Rogers taught me much about the art of listening, as described in my previous post on wisdomcenter: http://wisdomresearch.org/blogs/publications/archive/2017/06/06/the-art-of-listening.aspx
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 4:02 PM

Cynthia Baum-Baicker

My post began with a caricature of Carl Rogers' "client-centered therapy" and was of course, an exaggerated play on Rogers'technique. Rogers, as Ron Krumpos described, stressed to us the power of open, engaged listening. In the Jrl Clinical
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org